The Center’s primary mission is to educate and advocate on issues related to drug addiction and its treatment. If you are interested in the issues we address, have specific expertise or life-experience in the area or have skills you’d like to lend to an important issue, we would love to have your help. There are many ways you can help:
- Spread the word. This may be as simple as letting others know about the work of the Center and how to find us online. The issue of drug addiction affects families and communities across the country and it is important for those facing these problems to have access to the information they need to make fully informed decisions. Visitors to the site may also want to sign up for our monthly newsletter to stay abreast of the latest updates.
- Referrals. Refer those who have been victimized by poor drug addiction policies to the Center: their stories may help others to avoid similar problems. Likewise, the stories of those who are successfully in recovery and living drug-free lives are also important.
- Make connections. Help the Center to connect with VIPs, legislators and other leaders. Many communities are facing the reality of rampant drug addiction including problems with opioids. It is important for those decision-makers to have complete data on the options and the unintended consequences that can plague some approaches.
- Research and writing. We need writers, and people interested in writing, to help develop content for CSDAP’s site. There are simple ways to get involved as researchers and writers. If you are interested in finding out more, please fill out the form to become a contributor.
- Social media. There are many opportunities to use social media to explain the Center’s work.
- Donate. Make a tax exempt donation to help with CSDAPs actions including:
- Regular press releases to raise awareness about the issue.
- Printing materials summarizing the Center’s findings concerning MAT, the importance of a wide spectrum of recovery options and fully informed consent.
The above list is not exhaustive. Those with skills in the graphic arts are also needed to help design and produce educational materials.
If you have an interest in finding out how you might help or would like to make a donation, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.